this page is part of the Duivendijk site

Odense Steel Shipyard
Denmark

Odense Steel Shipyard Ltd. which is a part of A.P. Moller - Maersk Group was established in 1917-18 by Shipowner A.P. Møller. From the beginning the yard was situated in Odense at Odense Canal and had a capacity of vessels up to 40,000 tonnes deadweight, which was sufficient until the mid 1950's.

However, when the American oil company California Shipping Company ordered a series of large tankers of 50,000 tonnes deadweight, it was decided to enlarge the yard’s capacity considerably. Consequently, the location of the old yard was given up and in 1957 the work of building a new and much larger yard at Lindø began.

In 1959 the new shipyard was ready with a maximum capacity of vessels of up to 200,000 tonnes deadweight, a maximum which was thought more than sufficiently for years to come. However, in 1968 the world saw the first supertankers. Consequently a new and again much larger drydock was built in 1969, and this time the maximum capacity was increased to 650,000 tonnes deadweight, a capacity which has proven itself sufficient.

 

Ship name: Yard number:

Ship type:

Suffolk 104 gas tanker

Santa Elena

109 tanker
Cielo Di Bothnia 115 tanker
Maersk Mariner 117 supplyer
MSC Mykonos 123 container
Margrethe Maersk 125 container
Majestic Maersk 126 container
Marie Maersk 127 container
Magleby Maersk 128 container
Mette Maersk 129 container
Maren Maersk 131 container
Mc-Kinney Maersk 132 container
Madison Maersk 133 container
Mayview Maersk 134 container
MSC Kleven 156 container
Maersk Kawasaki 159 container
Laura Maersk 171 container
Laust Maersk 172 container
Luna Maersk 176 container
A. P. Moller 177 container
Chastine Maersk 180 container
Charlotte Maersk 181 container
Columbine Maersk 183 container
Anna Maersk 186 container
Adrian Maersk 189 container
Safmarine Nomazwe 194 container
Eleonora Maersk 205 container

this page is part of the Duivendijk site